Safety is a community priority for our inner city neighbourhood.  As a community, we can look out for one another and play an active role in keeping Mount Royal safe.

Who to Contact

EMERGENCY? CALL 911 ​: Call 911 for emergencies (police, fire and medical) where immediate response is required including when lives are in danger, immediate assistance is required or there is a crime in progress.

CALGARY POLICE SERVICE NON-EMERGENCY: 403-266-1234: ​Call this number to report non-emergency situations in the community where an immediate response is not required, time has elapsed since the incident, a suspect is not on scene or for nuisance issues (i.e. noise complaints, suspicious people, intoxication, etc.). Police will attend on a lower priority basis.

REPORT CRIME ONLINE: ​Use the Calgary Police Service at online reporting system to report incidents within city limits where value is less than $5,000, and no known suspect such as for lost property, theft, property damage/mischief, theft from vehicle or damage/mischief to vehicle.

CITY OF CALGARY CONCERNS311 Please contact 311 by phone or using the 311 app or website to register all concerns regarding city issues.  This includes for reporting road, lighting, garbage collection, graffiti issues etc. This number can also be used to report safety or traffic concerns.

CALGARY COMMUNITY LINK211 in partnership with the Calgary Distress Centre, provides confidential access to an entire network of community, social, health and government services in over 200 languages 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Please call or text ‘INFO’ to 211 for support for food, shelter or transportation, financial, mental health, legal needs or regarding many other services.  You can call on behalf of yourself, or anyone you are concerned about.

ALPHA HOUSE: Downtown Outreach Addictions Partnership (DOAP) Team”: 403 998-7388 (M-F 8:30am–1:00am, Sat/Sun 5:00pm-1:00am). The mobile DOAP team can often support individuals who appear intoxicated, loitering, trespassing or sleeping where they should not be but otherwise appear peaceful and non-aggressive. The DOAP team facilitates individual’s access and entry to the local service systems of shelters, health care, addiction treatment, and supportive housing

TRAFFIC SAFETY and SPEEDING CONCERNS: Report intoxicated drivers immediately by calling 911. To report non-emergent dangerous driving behavior contact the Calgary Police Service by calling the non-emergency line at 403-266-1234. If you note persistent traffic violations at specific locations (speeding for example), visit the CPS traffic service request to best direct feedback and post an online request or contact our district office (District 1 – Ramsay, 403-428-6100) and request to speak with a Community Liaison Officer. Please contact us at with concerns and ideas.

Other Concerns? If you have any safety concerns within the community please let us know by sending an email to