MRCA wants everyone driving, wheeling, cycling or walking to be safe in our community. We work hard to improve traffic safety and flow through Upper and Lower Mount Royal communities. Traffic calming efforts have had much success however many issues remain.

We value your input regarding traffic with the goal of a safe yet accessible community. If you have a concern or a comment regarding traffic, please email:  If you note persistent traffic violations at specific locations (speeding for example), visit the CPS traffic service request to best direct feedback and post an online request.

Calgary’s Traffic Calming Policy Click Here aims to address resident concerns about the negative impacts of traffic on local neighbourhood streets. Traffic calming measures mitigate negative traffic impacts while maintaining effective transport of goods and people.

Residential Parking Zones: If you live in an existing Residential Parking Permit Zone, apply for a permit or renewal through an online portal Click Here. For requests to change parking restrictions, contact 311 to request a residential parking signs petition which must have 80% agreement from residents on that block for city consideration.